Return to News
Professional Snow Plow and Removal Service for Southeast Wisconsin
Winter in Wisconsin means lots of snow and snow plows. All snow plow drivers hired by the state of Wisconsin are required to have a Commercial Drivers License (CDL). Many cities also have their own snow plow fleets. Their priority is to remove snow, deice, and lay down salt on public roadways. Loomis Landscaping offers professional snow plowing and removal for private roads, driveways, and commercial parking lots.
Depending on your location, there are specific snow plow and removal regulations you must know.
City of Milwaukee
- Milwaukee ordinance prohibits shoveling, blowing, or plowing snow onto a public street
- City snow plows may take up to 24 hours to clear residential streets
- City plows also clear snow from crosswalks and bus stops
- Alleys and sidewalks are not plowed by the city
- City plows incidentally deposit snow back onto cleared driveways and sidewalks
- Property owners (residential or commercial) must clear sidewalks within 24 hours after snowfall stops or pay a fee
Learn more about Milwaukee snow plow regulations.
City of Racine
Learn more about Racine snow removal regulations.
- Streets are plowed by the City of Racine
- Services may be hired to handle snow removal on residential and commercial property
- Street parking is restricted during snow emergencies
- Property owners (residential and commercial) must clear sidewalks within 24 hours after snowfall
- Sand should be used on any sidewalk where snow and ice cannot be removed; owners are responsible for sand cleanup
City of Waukesha
- City snow plows covers public roads, bus routes, railroad crossings, intersections, and school areas
- City plows will then cover flat streets, cul de sacs, and alleys
- City will salt all streets and alleys
- Property owners (residential or commercial) must clear sidewalks within 12 hours after snowfall stops
Learn more about Waukesha snow control regulations.
City of Mequon
- City snow plows cover emergency routes and then side streets
- Cars parked in the road will be towed if in the way of the plows
- Snow cannot be moved from private property onto any public roadway
Learn more about Mequon snow plow regulations.
Commercial Snow Plows Let You Focus on Your Work
When it’s snowing, shoveling an entire commercial parking lot by hand is not how you should be spending your day. Loomis Landscaping will plow snow from your property so you can focus on your own work. If you have a small lot with limited parking spaces, we recommend our snow removal service as well. We also provide deicing of sidewalks and pathways to keep people safe from ice.
Every winter, businesses across Wisconsin are left in a panic when the first heavy snowfall hits and they realize all the snow plows are already booked. Schedule snow plowing and removal from our company before the snow falls.
Read more on Wisconsin Landscaping